A big thank you to Museum Development East Midlands (MDEM @MusDevEM) for the very useful ‘Re-opening the Region’ partnership event (online on Zoom) on 26th June with the Forum. It was great to see so many Forum members and to share experiences and resources as we prepare to re-open our sites in line with Covid-19-secure guidelines.
If you weren’t able to join in the session, some of the information that was referenced during the workshop includes:
- A roundup page on MDEM’s website which has links to re-opening videos and other risk assessment examples: https://mdem.org.uk/a-roadmap-to-reopening-dates-and-resources-to-support-museums/#.XvixMyhKjIU
- The newly-published NMDC and AIM/MD guidance can be found on MDEM’s website: https://mdem.org.uk/guidance-published-to-support-museum-reopening/#.Xvi9TChKjIU
- A summary of all of the links which were shared throughout the session (please email us to request a copy if you are a Forum member)
- An example of Cromwell Museum’s Track and Trace response (please email us to request a copy if you are a Forum member)
- Re-opening Task List Example from the Museum of Power (please email us to request a copy if you are a Forum member)
MDEM will be working with the Forum to run another session a few weeks after some organisations have reopened, to hear how things have gone and share experiences, so watch this space.
In the meantime, if you have any resources you’d like to share, please do send these to the Forum group as a whole – either on the ‘Nottingham Heritage Forum Members Area’ Facebook page (join at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nottsheritage/) or in an email to the Forum (and we will in turn forward to the rest of the Forum), as it would be great to see what everyone is getting up to and support each other further.